Woohoo, I’m a Versatile Blogger!
My fellow blogger, Judith Baxter at Growing Younger Each Day just nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Judith!
I wasn’t sure what or who a Versatile Blogger was but I would soon find out. This is actually a very cool thing. It’s also the first time I’ve been nominated for anything since I began blogging in earnest late last year so it’s very special to me. Once again, thank you, Judith.
I just discovered Judith and my eyes lit up when I saw that she was a life coach. (Life coaching isn’t a job for just anybody – she went way up on my respect meter.) I also enjoy reading her posts. Check her out here.
So what’s the Versatile Blogger Award?
It is an opportunity for a blogger to recognize fellow bloggers who they admire and enjoy.
Next, the bloggers who’ve been nominated have to link back to the blogger who gave them the award
Share 7 things about themselves
Choose 15 other bloggers to pass the award to and inform them that they’re passing the award on to them.
So here goes.
Seven things about me
- It’s still very difficult to talk about myself because there are so many other more interesting things and people around me. Seriously.
- I registered my blog 3 years before I posted anything. Now, I can’t go a day without posting something. (Who said I had no discipline?!)
- I love art, books, music and travel. True story: I had minor surgery recently and my doctor told me afterwards that while I was under the anesthesia, I carried on a long conversation with them about books and art. (I’m an avid reader and in my other life, I’m a book publicist.)
- I love Masterpiece Theatre and I never tire of watching Keeping up Appearances, As Time Goes By, Ms. Marple, Hercule Poirot with David Suchet. My ‘new’ fix is M1-5. My guilty pleasure is The Young and the Restless and General Hospital (soap operas). And for competition and armchair travel, I love the Amazing Race.
- I realized how good my French was when I was able to tell off someone in French. (It would get even better if I practiced more.)
- I’m looking forward to owning a backyard, a dog and parrot – exactly in that order. Oh, and a garden near the ocean.
- I’d love to spend a year traveling to sacred places around the world. You could call it my personal year of living dangerously?
The 15 Bloggers I’m Giving a Versatile Blogger Award to:
In no particular order, these are the blogs I look forward to reading everyday for inspiration, for humor, for their refreshing content.
My Versatile Blogger Awards go to —
- Tony Newboult – Tony’s my first blog buddy. He blogs about music but right now he’s doing the A-Z Blogging challenge.
- First Year of Freedom – Despite the differences in our ages, I love reading Mozes Sanchez’s posts. Mozes, who’s in high school, blogs as First Year of Freedom. Reading his posts is like looking over his shoulder at high school life.
- Wander Woman – There’s so much power in this name. Carla’s posts are an interesting mix of travel and everyday stories. Always fresh, and refreshing.
- Hakea – I depend on Narelle to bring me the good stuff. She’s also made me add Australia to the list of countries I want to visit.
- Heather‘s stunningly sumptuous photographs are a feast. And her posts are just as sweet. She inspires me to be a better photographer.
- Queen of Zoom – I love reading Theresa’s posts about her family and her view of the world from the back of a motorbike. I’m taken back to my teenage years riding on the back of my uncle’s bike.
- Polly’s Space – Polly’s photos are powerful, her writing gentle. Check her out and see what I mean.
- Journey Through a Writer’s Life – Cheryl’s poems move me by their simplicity. Don’t be fooled, writing poetry is hard work. She just makes it look easy.
- Pass the Douchey channels my irreverent and decidedly liberal political side. I wish I could be as eloquent and as prolific.
- Marge Mercurio’s latest series of posts is focused on using the internet to find goodies. Please check out the really cool things she’s found.
- Grown up for Real – You know just by looking at a blogger’s page whether you’ll like what they post.
D. Rene does it all – career, a blended family, home.
- My English Thoughts – Isabelle is bold and gutsy to write a blog in a language not her own just so she can learn. I wish I could be as gutsy and write at least one post in French! Read hers here
- Wandering Around – John is the kind of traveler/blogger I hope to become – one of these days, hopefully not too long from now.
- Leeswammes – I live books. Judith blogs about and reviews books. Nuff said!
- Amusing Elephant – Anyone who loves Sunday Brunches is worth reading. Jasem writes about food and life in India.