My sister kept saying that she’d wait for me to arrive so we could take our 84 year old aunt on the London Eye. But by the time I got to London, our aunt was beginning to have difficulty getting around.
Maybe it was a good thing as it took more than 45 minutes from the time I picked up my ticket to the time I climbed aboard the ‘pod.’
But it was worth it. This is what I saw:
One of the 32 oval pods that take passengers high above London.
I think our aunt would have loved this.
The ride on the London Eye was smooth, the view breathtaking. Just before each pod returned to home base, it discharged passengers and took on new ones. Each ride took about 30 minutes.
Some facts about the London Eye:
- Designed by husband wife team of David Marks and Julia Barfield
- It was opened in March, 2000
- Hosts 3.5 million visitors annually
- At 443 feet (135 meters), it is the 4th tallest structure in London
- It is the world’s largest cantilevered observation wheel
If you’re not afraid of heights, next time you’re in London, make sure you check out the London Eye.
Enjoy the view!