Memorial Day weekend marks the official/unofficial start of summer and tomorrow, May 28th, kicks off beach season.
And not a moment too soon. It’s been a long and brutal winter in the Northeast and I, for one, am ready for some sea and sun!
The best part about being in this area is that most of the beaches are accessible via public transportation: subways or train, whether the Long Island Railroad or New Jersey Transit. There really is no excuse not to go to the beach.
So grab your bathing suits, sunscreen, beach towels, floppy hats and sun glasses and check out at least one of these beaches.
New York City
- Brighton Beach, Brooklyn
- Coney Island Beach, Brooklyn (my all time favorite)
- Manhattan Beach, Brooklyn
- Orchard Beach, Bronx
- Rockaway Beach, Queens
- Midland Beach, Staten Island
- South Beach, Staten Island
- Wolfe’s Pond Beach, Staten Island
- Cedar Beach
- Gilgo Beach
- Long Beach
- Sunken Meadow State Park
- Tobay Beach
With roughly 700 beaches on its Atlantic coast, New Jersey offers plenty of places to dip your feet in the water. Here are a few:
- Avalon Beach
- Belmar Beach
- Ocean City
- Point Pleasant (my favorite)
- Wildwood Beach
If you like what you’ve read why not Share, Tweet, Digg, Like, etc. You never know who might be interested.
- Where are the beaches in Brooklyn New York? (cadogan1.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Beach Essentials For Memorial Day Weekend (fitsugar.com)